Pages

February 12, 2013

Banana-coconut pancake with mango

Well, it seems that I am really getting comfortable with this no sugar, no white flour way of life, though I am happy to know that it is gonna end in a few weeks. What bothers me most is that I actually may not bake and therefore no experimenting with new combinations. But it is totally okay to be without chocolate, it is not that challenging as I expected. After all a nice cup of tea warms you just perfectly well after a long walk in the snow. It doesn't stroke your soul quite as nice as a velvety hot chocolate, but still! On the other hand it is so challenging to prepare a sweet treat that is actually absolutely yummy and you do not miss sugar, honey or any kind of syrups. I was afraid of these pancakes, but they convinced me! These are definietly a keeper and they might even make their way to the all time favourites.



Ingredients:
2 bananas

100 g buckwheat flour
50 g shredded coconut

1 egg
100 g coconut milk
100 ml milk (i used oat milk)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
1/2 teaspoon butter
1 mango
1 blood orange

Peel and cut one of the bananas in chunks and puree with the coconut milk. Pour mixture into a bowl and add buckwheat flour, shredded coconut, bakind powder and milk. Whisk it together. Depending on the consistency of the coconut milk and the type of the other milk you use, you might need more or less of it. Finally stir in rapeseed oil. Peel and slice the other banana. Bake pancakes over medium heat and if you like add a few slices on top of the batter and when you flip them over, the banana is going to caramelise a little. Take the rest of the banana, the diced mango and sautee in butter for a few minutes, add blood orange juice and cook until reduced. Serve the fruit ragu with the pancakes and few fresh mint leaves.



3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Beautiful pancakes! This healthy version is great.

Eevery day, I try to eat as little sugar and flour as possible, but I've never gone sugar- or flour-free...

Chers,

Rosa

Purabi Naha said...

This sounds wonderful...something which I can try for my family.
http://cosmopolitancurrymania.blogspot.in/

Ella - Home Cooking Adventure said...

These seems soo easy to do yet so incredible delicious. Love coconut and bananas together. I think I will give them a try:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails