Pages

January 22, 2013

Prawns with shiitake mushroom and noodles

Hunger is the best cook, and that's just so true! I've been craving for Asian flavors in the past days, so yesterday I sort of cooked the mother of today's lunch. Originally, I wanted to combine prawns with a juicy mango, but I changed my mind. In a way I rediscovered shiitake, I must say that I didn't liked it at all, so I felt it is time to give the mushroom a new chance. What a great idea it was! For this quick stir fry you only need a couple of ingredients and only a few minutes in the kitchen. Personally, I think the less ingredients the better stir fry you get. Of course it should be hot, but not that kind that makes you wrap up the fridge's door for a glass of cold milk.




Ingredients:
2-4 prawns per person
2 medium onions
100 g bean sprouts
8 shiitake mushroom
200 g asian noodles (any type you fancy)

2 cm ginger
2 cloves garlic
4-5 tablespoons peanut oil
3 tablespoons light soy sauce
2 tablespoons fish sauce
pinch of sugar and a few splash of rice vinegar if desired
ground chili or chili sauce as desired
2 teaspoons sesame seeds

Prepare the noodles according the instructions on the package. Cut mushroom and onion in slices, and rinse prawns with cold water. Heat oil in a wok and add grated ginger and garlic and stir fry prawns for about 2 minutes, then set aside. Now add mushroom, onion and bean sprouts and fry for another 2 minutes. Add the sauces, put back the prawns and after a minute or two add the noodles. Season with a pinch of sugar, rice vinegar and chilisauce as needed. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.


2 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

The kind of noodle dish I could eat on a weekly basis. Fantastic!

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

... and I could eat it right now! :-)
Liebe Grüsse aus Zürich,
Andy

Related Posts with Thumbnails