Pages

May 14, 2012

Radish soup with yoghurt and radish leaf oil

After an overindulging weekend I wanted something very light for today's lunch. As I anyway bought too many bunches of radish on the market, I wanted to make something that needs a lot of them. I have had the idea of radish soup already for a while on my mind, but I always postponed it. I definitely wanted to cook the radish, but it was important to keep its colour, therefore I prepared a stock using potatoes and then I used that to cook the radish for a few minutes. During the morning walk I collected some ramson flowers, ground ivy, yellow archangel, henbit deadnettle that brought spring right onto the plate.


Ingredients:
300 g potatoes
1 onion
1 bay leaf
1/8 teaspoon caraway seeds
2 teaspoon butter
500-700 ml vegetable stock
1 bunch radish
125 g yoghurt
3-4 tablespoons rapeseed oil
salt, pepper

Peel and cut potatoes in cubes. Sautee chopped onion in a teaspoon butter, add diced potatoes, bay leaf, caraway seeds and vegetable stock. Cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes. Now sieve and set the liquid aside. You won't  need the cooked potatoes for the soup, but do not throw away, instead make a puree or use in some kind of yeast dough that needs cooked potatoes. Sautee sliced radish in the other teaspoon of butter, add the potato liquid and cook for 2-3 minutes. Pour the soup into a mixer, add yoghurt and puree, season with salt and pepper. If you want a really smooth soup sieve. Serve the soup either lukewarm or chilled. For the oil puree about 1/4 of the radish leaves with the rapeseed oil.


14 comments:

Eline said...

Wunderhübsch und auch originell!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Beautiful and refined!

Cheers,

Rosa

Kalyn Denny said...

Lovely soup!

tea with hazel said...

are you serious..that looks incredible..how did it taste?

chriesi said...

@Eline: Danke!

@Rosa, Kalyn: Thank you!

@tea with hazel: Like radish. ;)

Alessandra said...

This is so beautiful, and i love eating flowers!!

Well done!!

Ciao
Alessandra
http://alessandrazecchini.blogspot.co.n

Alessandra said...

PS

give you a +1!!

K and S said...

so pretty!

chriesi said...

@Alessandra: Grazie! :)

@K and S: Thanks!

Tales by a newer mama said...

Absolutely beautiful!! The most exquisite colored soup I've ever seen. Love!

chriesi said...

Thanks so much!

mollymell said...

Hello! I don't like radish but the soup looks so pretty that I feel I should try and make this recipe.

Thank you!

Healthytips said...

Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about daikon radish soup.Please keep sharing.
Daikon Radish Leaves Benefits For Health

Raquel Galin said...

Seguro que esta deliciosa y tiene una presentación de diez.
Un saludo

Related Posts with Thumbnails