Pages

September 8, 2011

Tea Custard and Mousse au Chocolat Tarte

Well, I was not quite sure if I should post this tarte or rather leave it. The truth is that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the tarte, but I just do not like the photos of the slices. And all because I am such an impatient person! But let's start this short story at the begining. Somewhen in August I had this post about a white tea sorbet with a rich chocolate ganache, and as I loved this combination so much, I wanted to repeat it in a different way. It was one of those hot summer days when I baked this tarte and prepared the short crust pastry. I bet many of you know how difficult it is to work with a short crust pastry when it is really hot! Anyway, it worked out pretty well, so no need to complain about that. However, thanks to my impatientness the mousse au chocolat started to melt away! I have prepared the mousse hours before, then piped it on the cooled tarte. The hot weather and my warm hands made the mousse to lose its consistency, so I should have put the tarte back to the fridge. But I was so curios about the the tea custard, that I could not wait another hour for the mousse to settle again. No, no, impatient me had to slice the tarte immediately! After this kind of disastrous photo shooting, I put back the tart to the fridge and oh wonder, the mousse just was perfect in the evening. That's exactly how it supposed to look like, well next time I might have more patience! 

 
Ingredients: 
(for a 24 cm form)
600 ml milk
4-5 tablespoons tea leaves (any kind you prefer)
100 g sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
4 eggs

Pour milk into a saucepan, add tealeaves and bring it to the boil. Remove it from the heat and let it stand for 15 minutes. Whisk egg yolks with sugar until pale, stir in cornstarch. Sieve milk and pour it over the egg yolk mixture and whisk it together. Fold in halfly beaten egg whites and pour mixture onto a blind baked tart shell. Bake it for 45-60 minutes on 110°C or until it sets.




1 comment:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A beautiful tart! I love that choice of fillings. This is definitely a divine flavor combo.

Cheers,

Rosa

Related Posts with Thumbnails