Pages

April 1, 2011

Turbot with White Bean Puree, Dried Tomato Sabayon and Dried Tomato - Basil Crumbs

Some days ago, somewhen came across my blog searching for tomato sabayon, and that inspired me while preparing yesterday's lunch. First I had the idea to used the rest of the tomato consommé, but then I saw the bowl of soaked dried tomatoes, that I left on the kitchen cupboard. I thought, why shouldn't I use that liquid for the sabayon? It was already clear, that I am going to serve a white bean puree among the gorgeous fillets of the turbot, that I filleted myself. It was the very first time, that I filleted a flatfish.

For the puree I cooked the white beans with rosemary, onion and celery talks, and then peeled them. Then I sauteed some chopped shallot in butter, added a rosemary twig, a tiny clove garlic and some cream and cooked it for a few minutes, then pureed the peeled beans with the flavoured cream. I thought something crunchy is missing, so I chopped with the help of a mixer some bread, some soaked dried tomatoes and fried it in olive oil, then mixed it with fresh basil leaves right before serving. And the sabayon? Well, that is totally easy to prepare and it has such an intense flavour!


Ingredients:
100 ml dried tomato liquid
100 ml white wine
1 shallot
2-3 twigs of basil
1 egg yolk
salt, pepper


Soak about a handful of dried tomatoes (unsalted!) and let it stand over night, then sieve. Bring the liquid with the wine, chopped shallot, some dried tomatoes and basil to the boil and reduce by half. Sieve and beat it together with the egg yolk over a water bath until foamy and creamy, season and serve.

4 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A delight for the palate and the eyes!

Cheers,

Rosa

Eline said...

Thanks to Robert-Lamiacucina I discovered your blog. Your pictures are outstanding and I like your way of presenting food.

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures!

chriesi said...

@Rosa: Thanks a lot!

@Eline: Oh what a surprise! Thanks a lot! I must say that I am a big fan of your blog, it is so inspiring!


@basiaP: Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails