Pages

March 18, 2011

Sunchoke Gnocchi with Fresh Goat Cheese in Blood Orange-Beet Sauce with Poppy Seed Crumble

As written in the title, here I am with the promised beet meal for this week. Once again, it has ended up in combination with goat cheese in form of a dessert. Actually, this dish was inspired by the goat cheese filled beet ravioli with orange sauce, that I have posted somewhen in February.


However, this time new ingriendts have joined the beet and the goat cheese, together with the well-known orange juice. I decided to preapre sunchoke-goat cheese gnocchi and serve it with beet-orange sauce and poppy seed crumble flavoured with honey and orange juice. I have already preapred beet gnocchi, but this time the beet had to take the role as the main ingredient for the sauce. Rosemary, honey and goat cheese are always a winner, so it seemed that I managed to create harmony on a plate once again. For the sauce the beet was baked in the oven and purreed with orange juice, then cooked with some sugar until it has reached the right consistency. Probably, the addition of some pectin would have given the sauce a smoother texture.
This time, I could not decide how to serve the dish, and even though I have tried different ones, I am still not happy. On the other side I am absolutely happy with the result!


Ingredients:

250 g sunchoke (cooked and peeled)
70 g fresh goat cheese or goat cream cheese
1 egg
5-6 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon honey
1 twig rosemary
salt


Mix the cooked and pureed sunchoke together with the goat cheese, egg, flour, salt, honey and chopped rosemary. Pour mixture into a plastic bag or a piping bag. Bring salted water to boil, reduce hit so that it simmers. Pipe gnocchi in the simmering water and as soon as they swim on top they are ready to be served.

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

I didn't know what the sunchoke was, so i had to look at it on your Hungarian blog...

Interesting recipe.

Alexandra said...

... and
I didn't know that it's available in Australia - but the Australian name is Jerusalem artichoke :)
Well-well...

Related Posts with Thumbnails