Pages

March 22, 2011

Eggs en cocotte with Oyster Mushrooms

Today I brought a quick and easy breakfast, as I will not have much time to cook something later on. The reason is that I am working on a cake, but now I am not going to tell anything about it. It is top secret, haha, no, but be patient. I found beautiful and fresh oyster mushrooms and I decided to prepare them for breakfast with eggs.


Well, scrambled eggs seemed just to be too boring, so I picked another way to cook it. En cocotte means that the egg is cooked individually in cream or butter in a small ramequin. I sauteed a shallot in some butter, then fried the sliced oyster mushroom and seasoned it with some thyme, a few drops of lemon juice and then cooked it for a few minutes with some cream.


Then I buttered the ramequins and ladled some mushroom into it, then I added one egg on top with some extra cream. Feel free to sprinkle the eggs with some grated cheese or even add some Taleggio or Brie between the mushroom and the egg. So when this is all done, you only need to wait about 10-15 minutes until the egg bakes in the 170
°C hot oven. Serve with toast, butter and chives.

6 comments:

KUCHARNIA, Anna-Maria said...

Beautiful pictures and a great recipe!
Have a great day:)

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A great way of sublimating eggs! Great.

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

Funny. I just realised that my brain associates oyster mushrooms as a dinner vegetable. I've had portabello and button mushrooms for breakfast, but yet to have an oyster mushroom. I like how you use jars as ramekins. Very cute. I'd be tempted to layer more ingredients just because you can see through the jars!

chriesi said...

@KUCHARNIA: Thank you! Same to you! :)

@Rosa: Yep, indeed.

@bunnyeatsdesign: The possiblities are endless. :)

Unknown said...

YOu are so talented! I am mouthwatering! and your pictures are superb!

chriesi said...

Thanks a lot! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails