Pages

March 23, 2011

Candied Beet Chips

Before publishing the post about the cake I have mentioned, here is the decoration of it, that is by the way is drying in my cold oven right now. As far as the cake is concerned, I have already finished two components of it, and soon the third is going to be made. I can already tell you, that it is going to be a "say goodbye to beet" cake, after all I have prepared plenty of meals with beet this winter, and I thought I should finish the set with something sweet. Though this doesn't necessarily means that beets will not be seen anymore this year. Anyhow, now let's see the recipe for candied beet chips.




 

Ingredients:
260 g sugar
200 g water
1 beetroot
 

Peel beetroot and slice it thin with the help of a mandoline. If you want to make perfect rounds then use a cookie cutter for shaping. Bring water together with the sugar to the boil and as soon as the sugar has dissolved add the beet slices. Cook it over low heat until the slices are translucent. Drain carefully and sprinkle with sugar. Let it dry over night. The candied beet slices can be kept for a week in an airthight container.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Marvelous!

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

Lustige Idee ! die Farbe behalten sie vermutlich aber nicht, driften eher ins Braun ab ?

Mary @Delightful Bitefuls said...

So clever! This sounds wonderful!

Great blog; happy I found you!

Mary xo
Delightful Bitefuls

Charisse said...

I'm curious how these would taste! Such a unique idea!

chriesi said...

@basiaP: Try it! You will be surprised!

@Rosa: thanks!

@lamiacucina: Ehr orange!

@Mary: Thank you.

@foodies at home: I think it is worth to try, I was also very surprised and now I am totally addicted!

Related Posts with Thumbnails