Pages

January 4, 2011

Chocolate Glaze

Yeah, I know that I wrote yesterday that I am not going to post many cakes this month, besides this is not a cake, but this dark chocolate glaze is definitely perfect for glazing one. I used it to glaze my cake that I baked during the holiday time, recipe is coming soon! Until then I only say a few words: coffee, chocolate, hazelnut, tonka bean and caramel! Stay tuned, it's worth it! The chocolate glaze (the photos were taken of the leftover glaze a few days later) I am talking about comes from one of the beautiful books by Pierre Hermé. When reading the recipe for the first time, I thought it is kinda complicated, but it is not! Besides if there is any left over, simply reheat in a hot water bath and it is ready to be used again. So now let's see the recipe, and tomorrow I'll be back with something salty. Really.


Ingredients:

125 g dark chocolate (70%)
50 ml water
15 g sugar
25 ml crème fraîche
80 ml cream
20 g soft butter


First of all chop chocolate, then put 25 g into a pot and bring it to the boil together with the water, sugar and
crème fraîche over low heat and cook it until it is nice and creamy and covers the back of a wooden spoon. Bring cream to the boil, then add some of the leftover chopped chocolate and stir until molten, then stir in the rest in small portions, but be careful not to overdo it. Let it stand until it reaches 60°C. Now add the chopped butter and when it is incorporated stir in the chocolate sauce. The glaze should be used when it has the temperature of 30-45°C.

4 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Mmmhhh, trop bon!

Bises,

Rosa

Faith said...

This looks so decadently delicious! I bet it would be fantastic made into truffles too!

Houdini said...

Right now I'd like to have a spoonfull, together with my glass of Vietnamese red wine from dalat, nothing special, but cheap and drinkable.

chriesi said...

@Rosa: Merci!

@Faith: It only gets that thick after a few days.

@Houdini: Great idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails