Pages

December 22, 2009

Pear, almonds and veal liver

Well, I was craving for veal liver again and actually, I wanted to prepare it the same way like the last time. Being alone at home, and being the only who likes liver, except my dog, it was the perfect opportunity to cook that dish. But then I felt like improvising so instead I coated the thin liver slices in a mixture of ground almond and breadcrumbs and fried in butter oil. I also added some fresh sage to the eggwash.


Fruit and liver is a nice combination so I decided to poach some cubed pear in red wine among some thyme and honey.

I served it with a light salad, flavoured with pear vinegar, lemon juice and walnut oil, fried oyster mushrooms and some mashed potatoes.

2 comments:

Houdini said...

Liebes Chriesi,
Ich wünsche Dir und Deinen Eltern und allen anderen, die noch bei Dir sind, eine schöne Weihnachtszeit.
Herzlich, Erich

My Taste Heaven said...

nice cake
merry christmas and happy 2010!

Related Posts with Thumbnails