Pages

May 19, 2009

The rhubarb day

Finally I am able to smell again! My taste buds are also recovering so I am on the best way to enjoy culinary seductions. Have I mentioned that I am totally addicted to rhubarb?! On the weekend once more I couldn't keep my hands off a bunch of stalks. At the begining of the month I cooked some glasses of jam, yesterday among the "every sunday" - wähe, I prepared some glasses of rhubarb syrup as well. It has such a beautiful color and tastes heavenly! There were some stalks left that ended up in a rhubarb mousse.


Ingredients:
200 g rhubarb
juice of 1 lemon
4 tablespoons port wein
40 g sugar
2 egg whites
2 gelatine leaves
40 g powder sugar
200 ml cream


Wash and slice rhubarb in small pieces, add lemon juice, sugar and port wein and cook until it is soft. Puree with a help of a mixer and let it cool. Beat egg white with powder sugar above steam until fuffly and stir in gelatine. Keep on beating until it is cool, add rhubarb puree and beaten heavy cream. Leave it in the fridge for 4-5 hours or overnight. The rhubarb syrup recipe is really simple: slice 500 g rhubarb and cook with 2 cups of water until it is really soft, sieve and add 3 cups of sugar and cook for about 5-10 minutes.

1 comment:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What a delightful mousse! I'm also addicted to this wonderful veggie!!!

Cheers,

Rosa

Related Posts with Thumbnails