Pages

March 17, 2009

Hazelnut Biscotti

After having a wonderful walk on this sunny day, I still had no idea what to bake that goes well with a nice cup of tea. While preparing lunch, I discovered an open bottle hazelnut syrup in the fridge and that brought me to the idea to bake hazelnut biscotti.


Ingredients:
2 eggs
200 g sugar
50 g hazelnut syrup
2 tablespoons sherry
200 g hazelnut
300 g flour

1 teaspoon baking powder


Beat eggs with the sugar, syrup and sherry until foamy. Add hazelnuts, flour and baking powder and knead well. Half batter and form two flat rolls, about 4 cm wide. Bake for 20 minutes on 160°C. Let biscotti cool and slice in about 1,5 cm thick and bake for another 15 minutes.

5 comments:

Shari@Whisk: a food blog said...

I need to make some more biscotti again soon! These look great!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Hazelnut syrup, that's interesting! Where did you find it?

Your biscotti look perfect! I made some last week and they accompanied my coffee very well...

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

wollte ich auch schon lange machen und konnte mein Rezept nicht mehr finden. Danke, dieses sieht nach mehr als Lückenbüsser aus.

Nate @ House of Annie said...

Was the hazelnut syrup for making Italian sodas?

I can imagine having some of that biscotti with some hazelnut coffee!

Thanks for adding us as friends on Foodbuzz. We welcome you to come visit our site!

chriesi said...

Rosa: I found the syrup in Germany, but I do not remember which shop.

Nate-n-Annie: no the syrup is for flavoring coffee.

Related Posts with Thumbnails