Pages

December 29, 2008

1st Course: Lemon Sole with Dijon Mustard Sabayon & Beluga Lentil

American plaice, Yellowtail flounder, Winter flounder, Flounder/sole from the Atlantic Ocean, Southern flounder, Summer flounder, Witch flounder


When I planned the Christmas Dinner I had to consider that my kitchen is extremly small. Without my pantry I would be lost. The kitchen fridge has a tiny freezer, that is why we have an extra freezer and a fridge in the pantry and my kitchen machine and steamer are also in there. So for this course I knew that I am going to need all the three cooking plates. In order to serve the second course also on time, I had to prepare a part of it while cooking the first course, so I decided to steam the fish with djion mustard-parsley-lemon filling, that way I had a free cooking plate and on the other two I could cook the lentil and the sabayon.


Ingredients:
For the fish:

4 lemon sole fillets
1 tablespoon dijon mustard

juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
salt, pepper

For the dijon mustard sabayon:
100 ml vegetable stock
100 ml chardonnay
1 shallot
1 twig thyme

1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard

salt, pepper
For the beluga lentil: (original recipe by Ivo Adam)
100 g beluga lentil
20 g carrot
10 g celery
1 tablespoon dried cranberries
1 small shallot

10 g butter
100 ml red wine
200 ml vegetable stock
100 ml beef jus


Cut carrot and celery in brunoise (
cubes of a side length of about 3 mm). Heat butter and add vegetable, lentil and stew for 1-2 minutes together with the shallot. Add red wine, reduce, pour beef jus on it and cook for 20 minutes. Stir in cranberries, season with salt and pepper.



For the sabayon cook vegetable stock together with the
chardonnay, thyme, shallot and reduce half. Sieve, stir in dijon mustard. In another pot bring water to simmer. Whisk egg yolk frothy add chardonnay-dijon mustard liquid and whisk over steam for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Mix lemon juice, dijon mustard and chopped parsley and smear it on the fish, roll it up and steam it for 6-7 minutes.


1 comment:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A gorgeous fish recipe! Really well presented and extremely appetizing!

cheers,

Rosa

Related Posts with Thumbnails