Pages

April 6, 2008

The Sabayon Factor

While browsing yesterday I have found a porcini sabayon recepie on Zorra`s website: the Kochtopf. It looked so tempting that I could not resist and had to prepare it today for lunch. I have made a few changes, such as left garlic out as I had no garlic at home. The sabayon was worth every single whisk! Some time ago I have set sabayon as a culinary milestone for myself. I had respect for the sabayon and I can tell you it is a great feeling to know that I have managed to prepare it and it tasted fabulous! One more step which takes me forward on my own culinary way. I served it with pork tenderloin wrapped in Serrano ham with sage, some broccoli, rosemary potatoes and salad. For the very first time it was the perfect harmony served by me on a plate, at least that is what I was told. I am not a big broccoli fan but this time I loved it, because it tasted really like broccoli and were a decent accompanist for the rest. Pork was nice and tender. If you are a porcini fan, do not waste time and let yourself sink in porcini heaven!
Ingredients:
30 g dried porcini
1 tablespoon oil

1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
salt, pepper

1 shallot
100 ml white wine
1 twig thyme
1 bouillon cube (if you have home made)
4 egg yolks


Soak porcini for 30 minutes in 150 ml water. After press out, keep the porcini water and fry porcini in oil, add balsamic vinegar and when it is evaporated put aside.
In a pot bring porcini water, wine with the onion to boil. Add bouillon cube, thyme and reduce so that you have about 100 ml at the end. In my case I have had 150 ml it worked out
well. Salt, pepper.
In another pot bring water to simmer while you whisk egg yolks frothy add porcini-wine liquid and keep on whisking. Whisk over steam for 10-15 minutes.
Before serving add fried porcini.

For the pork tenderloin add salt, pepper and dijon mustard. Fry it in some butter, add some sherry and after wrap in Serrano ham and sage leaves. Preheat oven to 200°C. Put pork in a heat proof bowl, pour some olive oil and sherry on the bottom and bake for 30 minutes covered and another 30 uncovered.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails