Pages

April 30, 2008

Red Mullet with Saffron Sauce

After the devilfish catastrophy it was time for fish again! I had some beautiful red mullet filets that were waiting to be prepared. It made a jump to my fish list, as I loved its consistence and taste.


I think, I am slowly on the way to become a fish fan, but very slowly... I found a recepie in my collection for red mullet, that wrote "now season fish" but they forgot to mention with what, so I used only salt and pepper. I prepared a creamy saffron sauce that was great in combination with boiled the potatoes and the root vegetabels.


Ingredients:
2 red mullet filets
salt, pepper
butter
1 shallot

200 ml white wine
100 ml chicken stock
saffron

200 ml heavy cream
3 small potatoes

1 parsley root
2 carrots
2 celery stalks

white wine
chicken stock


Peel potatoes and cook them in salted water. Chop veggies and fry them in melted butter add a little white wine and some stock and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Melt butter, add chopped shallot, white wine. Reduce and sieve. Add saffron, 100 ml heavy cream and cook for 2 minutes. Beat the rest of the heavy cream, add to the sauce.
season fish with salt and pepper and fry in butter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

schön gebratener Rouget barbet. Hier ist alles so perfekt, wenn ich dran denke, wie lange ich gebraucht habe, bis mir die rote Haut nicht in Fetzen vom Fisch hing....

Angel said...

I've never tried mullet, but i love fish. I'll have to give this a try.
I love saffron sauce though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails