Pages

April 2, 2008

Pistachio and Chocolate Cream

Yesterday evening I was a lot bored and I was browsing in my favourite chocolate cook book by Pierre Hermé and I found a pistachio cream recepie with choclate cream and cocoa brittle. Unfortunatly I had no cocoa beans at home, so the brittle part I could not make this time. I only made half of the recepie and it was more than enough for 6 forms. The pistachio cream has to be prepared a day before, the chocolate two hours before serving. Yeah you see it right I have decorated with frozen raspberries, well I would have used fresh if I have had.

Ingredients:
50 g pistachios
125 ml milk
125 ml heavy cream
2 drops of almond essence (I used rose water)
3 egg yolks (this I did not half, because I had small eggs)

40 g sugar
50 g dark chocolate (65% cocoa)
125 ml milk
125 ml heavy cream
3 egg yolks

50 g sugar

Grate pistachios with a help of a blender. Bring the mixture of grated pistachios, milk, heavy cream and rose water to boil and put side.
Preheat oven to 100°C.
Whisk egg yolks with sugar, add hot pistachio-milk mixture. Fill 6 forms about 1 cm high and
bake for 20 minutes. Let it cool and leave over night in the fridge.
For the chocolate cream chop chocoalte. Bring milk and heavy cream to boil. Whisk sugar with egg yolks and add hot milk-heavy cream mixture. Fill back to the pot and while stiring constantly let it get thick, but do not cook it! Pour it over chocolate, mix well and after it is cooled down pour on top of the pistachios cream. Leave it in the fridge for 2 hours.


3 comments:

Heidi Robb said...

I think the frozen berries make for a very pretty photo.

test it comm said...

Chocolate and pistachio cream sounds so good!

michelle @ thursday night smackdown said...

i *like* the frozen berries! they're one of my favorite summertime snacks.

i really gotta get one of the hermes dessert books.

Related Posts with Thumbnails