Pages

April 9, 2008

Papaya Granita

Actually I wanted to prepare papaya mousse out of the two ripe papayas I had, however I already used all the heavy cream I had for the pandanus-chocolate mousse. As papayas were almost too ripe I had to use them fast, if I did not want them to end up in the compost. So I whisked a papaya granita fast and dropped it to the freezer.



Ingredients:
2 papayas
3 tablespoons passion fruit juice

2 packs of vanilla sugar
1 pinch of salt

1 egg white

Peel papayas, remove cores. Puree together with passion fruit juice.
Freeze for an hour, after beat egg white with a pinch of salt and the vanilla until almost stiff.
Then stir in the papaya mixture.
Put it back to the deep freezer for 3 hours and stir it again every hour.

1 comment:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A delicious granita! Yummy!

It's great to see that there's another blogger/Daring Baker here in Switzerland!

Cheers,

Rosa

Related Posts with Thumbnails