Pages

April 29, 2008

Leftovers For Lunch

Yesterday I cooked chicken stock because I had no more left in my freezer. What always bothers me when cooking stock is that one has to buy a huge head of celery and I never know what to do with the rest. While thinking about today's lunch my eyes stopped on the celery and I decided to cook a puree, because that is something I have heared a lot about and was anyway curios about its taste. I had some beans left from the sailing lunch from last Sunday so I grabbed these as well. I found champignons, sliced pork and a piece of herb butter that I prepared pretty long ago. Slowly I had a picture in front of me about the dish. While rolling pork with the fried mushrooms I remembered that I have some filo dough left that should be used! After I had a weird idea to wrap the meat in a leaf of chicory and after in the filo. My gosh that is a lovely combination, very tasty, I would have never thought but it harmonise very well!


Ingredients:
4 slices pork cutlet
200 g brown champignons
8 chicory leaves
filo dough
egg white

butter
salt, pepper
250 g green beans
50 g butter
60 g flour
250 ml milk
2 eggs

smoked cheese
butter for the forms
celery
1 tablespoon butter
50 ml milk
salt, pepper, nutmeg

200 ml chicken stock
100 ml white wine
1 shallot
1 tablespoon herb butter

Slice beans and cook in some stock. Melt butter, add flour and mix well. Let it cool. Stir in eggs and milk. Butter a muffin form of six, add from the béchamel on the bottom, add cooked beans, grated smoked cheese. Cover béchamel, add cheese on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes on 200°C. Slice celery and cook in salted water. Puree with butter and milk, season with pepper and nutmeg. Fry champignons and roll in the flattened pork. Heat butter and fry the rolls form both sides. Put a chichory leaf on a piece of filo dough, add pork roll and cover with another chicory leaf and roll into the filo dough. Butter a form add rolls and smear some egg white on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
For the sauce heat herb butter, add chopped shallot, white wine and chicken stock, reduce and pour into the saucepan where you fried pork and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails