Pages

April 3, 2008

King Prawn - Mission 1.01


Tropical shrimps, both farmed and wild caught.



Coldwater shrimps.



Since I write a food blog I have not prepared prawns. I am not a sea food fan but I would love to become one. I already had a lobster in my kitchen, however it was not my cup of tea. On the other hand I ate once a crayfish and it was absolutely fantastic! So today evening I thought to improvise some prawns. I remember first time I fried them they were very stringy. This time I enjoyed them very much: spicy and tender. I am gonna keep on working on my prawn
project.


Ingredients:
handful of prawns
juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon fish sauce (thai)
salt, Sichuan pepper
oil

I had frozen prawns, which I cooked for about 2 minutes in some boiling water. After I prepared a marinade out of lime juice, honey, soy sauce, fish sauce, salt and sichuan pepper and left the prawns for 20 minutes to swim in it. Heat oil and fry prawns for some seconds on each side.

1 comment:

test it comm said...

That shrimp looks good. When I was younger I did not like sea food. Recently I have been trying to make up for it and prawns are one of my favorites.

Related Posts with Thumbnails