Pages

February 20, 2008

Curd Cheese Cake with Pineapple

I love curd cheese (I hope that is the right name for it in English), especially the Hungarian one. This cake first I ate as a birthday cake made by my mom. I still love it and I am happy that I am able to bake it myself.



Ingredients:
6 eggs

6 tablespoon flour
6 tablespoon sugar
a pinch of salt

500 g curd cheese
250 g powder sugar
1 pack vanilla puding powder

500 ml milk
16 g vanilla
2 egg yolks
250 g butter

1 pineapple
2 limes


Preheat oven to 200°C.
Separate 6 eggs. Beat egg white with a pinch of salt and sugar. Add egg yolks and flour. I have added some drops of green food colour.
Bake it for 20 minutes.

Mix pudding powder with 2 egg yolks, sugar and cook it in 500 ml milk. Let it cool down.
When it is cold add butter, powder sugar and cream cheese. Add grated skin of two limes. Cut pineapple in small cubes and add to the cream.

Cut sponge in half, add cream and decorate as you like.



4 comments:

Sarah C. said...

Hi there, I ran into your post regarding cheese curd. I am wondering if its actually cream cheese (that comes in a soft block) or sour cream (that is more cream-like than solid). Does that help?

chriesi said...

Well I think cream cheese has no small parts in it. But it is also not like cottage cheese. It is something between cream and cottage cheese I would say.

BMNS said...

Could it be quark? There are many different types of quark, but a couple of months ago I bought a packet of quark from Eastern Europe (it was in some sort of Polish shop place) and it looked pretty much like the cheese in your pictures. It was nice and grainy and wasn't very salty at all.

chriesi said...

Well yeah you got the point! Actually it is quark but in Western Europe quark is not grainy it confused me. I only like the Eastern Europe quark it is much better.

Related Posts with Thumbnails