Pages

February 25, 2008

Chocolate Cake with Cinnamon and Coconut Ice-cream

On Saturday I thought I am gonna have a real lazy Sunday reading in bed almost all day. Instead I stood in the kitchen. First I made some braided buns, then I felt like baking a chocolate cake, and early morning I also prepared a lychee sorbet. I always wanted to make coconut ice-cream, when should I, if not on that lazy Sunday.



Ingredients:
100 g grated hazelnut

6 eggs
200 g chocolate (60-65% cocoa)
100 g butter, and 10 g for the form

2 g cinnamon
150 g sugar
20 g corn starch
10 g flour for the form

Preheat oven to 180°C.
Melt chocolate over over steam, remove and add butter. As soon as it is mixed well add egg yolks.
Beat egg white, add sugar and stir in the chocolate mixture. Add hazelnut and corn starch and cinnamon. Bake for 30 minutes.


For the coconut ice-cream:

3 egg yolks
100 g sugar
10 g vanilla
250 ml coconut milk

200 ml cream
coconut flakes

Beat egg yolks, sugar, vanilla until frothy. Add coconut milk while stirring constantly.
Whip the cream until almost stiff. Combine with whipping cream and pour into the ice cream maker. Add roasted coconut flakes to the mixture halfway through the preparation time.


For the lychee sorbet:
about 20 lychees
1 tablespoon elderberry syrup

1 teaspoon rose water
2 tabelspoon marsala
10 g vanilla
1 egg white



Puree lychees, add syrup, rose water, vanilla and one beaten egg white. Freeze for 3 hours and stir every hour.


I served with some passion fruit which I cooked for a minute with a pinch of coriander, cinnamon, a teaspoon marsala and rose water.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails